Wednesday, August 12, 2015

1.27.2015

I never published this, but it's gonna get the ball rolling! -----



I can't really say why I am all the sudden wanting to start blogging again, but I think it's going to be real good. I love to write and make lists and PLAN so bear with me while I muse about my life, relationships and thoughts about what the life of a graduate student, girlfriend, friend, roommate, daughter and sister.

2015 is going to be great. I know that's sooooooo cliche to say in January, but I guess I don't really care. That's one thing i've really noticed about myself lately, actually. As I get older (I say as a 22 year old. Ha!), I truly care less about what other people think, and let me tell you, what a freeing feeling that is. Being accepted into graduate school really solidified my being an adult, and I think being in the position where I'm truly responsible for figuring out my life and having every decision (or lack thereof) affect my future has made me cut the bullshit out of my life and focus on making myself happy. So, I've come up with how I'm going to make myself happy and successful in 2015.

2015 GOALS:

- Read 25 books. Starting with all the unread books currently on my bookshelf (lookin at you, Game of Thrones books 4 and 5) and then HOPEFULLY finishing my 2015 reading challenge! (-- Update: As of August, i've read 17 books, working on 18 and 19 at this moment!) (Final Update: Finished as of October 11!! Still have unread books though but there's still time)


- Maintain a healthy lifestyle. I've finally been working out consistently and trying to eat a mostly clean diet (except on the weekends, which are all about brunch and drinks and knocking places off my to eat list) and I can already see results! I'm trying not to make this about losing weight, but just tryna be better. I'm doing cleanse where I monthly give up something bad (January is no sweets month!), but I may try going on a Whole 30 Diet in the coming months. Stay tuned.
(-- Update: As of August 6, I'm on Paleo for a month!)
(--- Update: Fitting into some of my jeans again is a blessing from God. Still working at getting to my goal!) 

- Get alllllll A's (-- Okay so two Bs and an A is more than okay, still waiting to see what happens this semester)

- Have a kickass internship this summer (-- Sometimes you drop the ball big time due to a combination of anxiety, stress and laziness. This is one of those times)

- Find a roommate and a place to live in the fall

- Take a trip somewhere new (-- 4 new states this summer!! Colorado, Tennessee, Alabama & Mississippi!)

- Grow in my relationship with God (-- Again, dropped the ball. This is my new number one priority)

- Be a good person

- Watch alllll the classic movies

- Cook (delicious, fresh, cool girl recipies) (Some of the highlights have been Greek Meatballs, Colombian Pork Steaks with Avocado Cream Sauce and Blueberry Orange Oatmeal Muffins)

No comments:

Post a Comment