Wednesday, September 26, 2012

         I've officially hit the sophomore slump, and it is very disheartening, to say the least. I've never been happy that I am okay with just being content with my life. Sometimes I feel like I'm barely staying above the surface. I'm one night of procrastination away from falling behind, and I don't understand why this is happening. I really don't do enough to be this overwhelmed. In high school, I was always the motivated one, always the over achiever. I've lost my drive, and it's past time for me to get my shit together and really start doing things the right way. I have always considered myself to be a wannabe perfectionist. I love to read lifestyle blogs, download Martha Stewart templates, and planning my life away on Pinterest. Do I actually act on any of these? That is almost a resounding no. So, some serious soul searching is going to happen in the next few weeks. My problem is I am trying to reconcile my inability to be the "perfect" model of myself, to being happy and doing the best, and being my best. Blah blah blah my life is so sad

        I feel like when I blog, I just focus on the bad. And I think that that is a good thing. Balancing the good with the bad is the key to life, though, right?

        More details to come, but I came across a quote that I really enjoy. " If you have good thoughts, they will shine out of your face like sunbeams and you will always look lovely" - Ronald Dahl

No comments:

Post a Comment